1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Fmla ... Help!!!!???

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Aug 9, 2011.

  1. Rhett&SarahsMom

    Rhett&SarahsMom Songster

    May 8, 2008
    Heres the situation. I have been out of work for about 2 weeks time now for the same "illness" yet to be diagnosed.
    I went first to my primary care doctor. Who set me up for an ultra sound. Those results came to her and I also requested that they be faxed to my obgyn who is in a different office.
    I have since had an MRI which was requested by my obgyn's office. AND I have an appointment with an oncologist on the 15th.

    So.. which doctor do I give the FMLA papers to? My PCP? My obgyn or the guy I am seeing and having a consultation with on the 15th?

    My obgyn doesnt have a clue. I asked. But this is in relation to fibroids, at least.That she has been aware of as causing me discomfort for about 5 months now. But is the PCP the one that "coordinates" all this??

  2. WingingIt

    WingingIt Songster

    Apr 16, 2009
    I'm guessing, but I'd say the PCP because they are the one that all of the specialists are going to report to, test results are going to be reported to, etc. So, in theory, they *should* be the most up to date on your situation.
  3. FireTigeris

    FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

    I went through my PCP -
  4. debilorrah

    debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

    PCP and ride his butt about it too. Some doctors are notorious for handing that stuff over to an MA, that just sets it down and it winds up buried.
  5. Pebbles

    Pebbles In the Brooder

    Mar 28, 2009
    Kingman, AZ
    It depends-Don't you hate that when people say "It depends" but it does. FMLA law allows that you (a qualified employee whose employment hours meet FMLA requirments) can be off work for 12 weeks for EACH medical or family emergency that qualifies under FMLA law. So, conceivably if you had a broken leg, your bone Dr. would complete your employer's FMLA paperwork. Then let's say you are also pregnant and 6 weeks into your broken leg 12 week leave you have the baby. Another 12 week FMLA leave starts at the birth of the baby, the paperwork for the baby being completed by your OBGYN so for a period of time you have 2 FMLA leaves that are concurrent. So, if you have FMLA qualifying illnesses and one illness has nothing to do with the other illnesses you might want to have the specializing DR. complete your paperwork. Ask your PCP for his/her opinion. If your PCP is sharp or actually if your PCP has a sharp person in the office, it might be easier to have your PCP do the various FMLA forms supplied by your employer. Each separate illness requires it's own set of forms.

    Clear as mud? FMLA can be tricky but it should err on the side of the employee-that's you :)
  6. Rhett&SarahsMom

    Rhett&SarahsMom Songster

    May 8, 2008
    Thanks SO much for the replies. I knew I could count on my BYC friends for help. Love you guys [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by