Foam in brahma hens eye.

VetRX works well. You can buy it off of Amazon or get it at Tractor Supply. Apply it to her beak, waddles, and comb. It is basically like vix for chickens and works pretty well. Is she sneezing or have a runny nose?

I noticed today that my brahma hen had some foam in the corner of one of her eyes. What could this be from?
Photos are always helpful.

Does your hen have any other symptoms - coughing, sneezing, mucous, facial swelling, etc.?

General care would be to flush the eye with saline, remove the foam and any debris or pus. Use an ophthalmic ointment like Terramycin in the eye.

Foam in the corner of the eye can be due to respiratory illness like Mycoplasma. Sometimes if a bird has an injury or gets dirt/debris in the eye, it might foam up as well.

Keep us posted.

Photos are always helpful.

Does your hen have any other symptoms - coughing, sneezing, mucous, facial swelling, etc.?

General care would be to flush the eye with saline, remove the foam and any debris or pus. Use an ophthalmic ointment like Terramycin in the eye.

Foam in the corner of the eye can be due to respiratory illness like Mycoplasma. Sometimes if a bird has an injury or gets dirt/debris in the eye, it might foam up as well.

Keep us posted.
Mycoplasma is what my hen had when she had foam in her eye

Meds you give will depend on what's wrong with her. Like others have asked, are there any other symptoms? Any other birds look under the weather? Have you flushed the eye just in case she just has something in it?

Back
Top Bottom