Foaming eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tickle123uk, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Tickle123uk

Tickle123uk New Egg

Sep 6, 2013
    Hi,
    I went out earlier and noticed one of my hens had a white eye. When I caught her and had a closer look I saw that it was a white foam. I went in to get something to bathe it with and by the time I returned it had gone. I have taken the precaution of isolating her tonight. Does anyone have any advice? Should I be worried?
    Thanks.

2. Bodee

Bodee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    You might need to be worried it could be allergic reactions to something or some type of bug is she acting like she has any pain ?

3. Tickle123uk

Tickle123uk New Egg

Sep 6, 2013
    She seems fine otherwise. As I said, by the time I went out to clean it a few minutes later, the foam had gone.

4. Bodee

Bodee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    I figured out what it is it is called eye worm and it is a worm that crawls under the 3rd eyelid and creates a puss.

5. luvmigrls

luvmigrls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Washinton State
    Just wondering what a person does about it?

6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Could also be a respiratory infection.

-Kathy

7. collingwood

collingwood Chillin' With My Peeps

My chicken has had the same thing for months and is still alright and the the reason the white foam had gone is because the chicken flicked it away by moving its head very quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by