Foamy, bubbly substance in corner of eye.

I've had a similar problem, except its with our pullets and I've just noticed it today.

They looked fine yesterday morning when I checked on them, but now some of them have a clear bubbly liquid discharging from the eye. It's weird though because its only in one eye of each chicken, not both. At least one of them has it where its sort of crusty on the eye.
The affected eyes look sort of ...different. Normal eyelid would be around the iris, but the eyelids of the affected eyes are drooping sort of where the tear-duct is. The droopy part is where the bubbles are.
Their feathering around their eyes is looking odd. Its like thier faces are sort of wet-looking. Or bald-ish? i don't know if they might be pecking eachother's faces or what.

Also they weren't really chirping much--- but when they did it was pretty quiet. They seemed to be acting normally overall though.

I noticed some feathers on one's back had that wettish look to it as well. I don't know if that's from them huddling together and maybe she just got some of the discharge on her back or what.

Some of their beaks are this sunburnt-looking red where normally it's pink.

The pullets haven't started laying yet.

Is there any type of saline rinse I could make? Should I take a washcloth to thier eyes?

Please help!!!

Back
Top Bottom