Follow me to a trip to China

Friends! I am a born and raised Chinese living in the US since 2007. I've become quite fond of the many lovely people on BYC and I thought perhaps some of you are interested in my 2-month long trip back home. This will be from the perspective of a native who have become more and more of a foreigner for her homeland. I am also hoping to take pictures of random village chickens!

I am flying tomorrow and I don't know how often I will be updating. It will be the first time for me to be away from my chickens. I will really really miss them and of course my husband too. :-(

I took pictures of them today.

Wendy (alpha)
View attachment 3529457

Poopy (2nd in command?)
View attachment 3529462

Inky (skittish, only willing to give me a butt, but the best)
View attachment 3529465

Tina (not really sure about her order) but poor Tina laid a lash egg today :-(. I am convinced though that I will see her again.
View attachment 3529464

Honey
View attachment 3529461

Light
View attachment 3529463

Foxy
View attachment 3529458

Meimei
View attachment 3529460
I love seeing your beautiful ladies 💕 running around doing chickeny things :)

China was a trip I had planned to take my mum on prior to Covid - then that threw a spanner into the works so that didn't happen. Maybe in a couple years before my mum gets too old I will bring her. I will have to get suggestions from you though on the best places to visit - oh I am so thrilled for you and just a wee bit jealous - have a splendid time and please make sure you tell your Dad all about us crazy chicken people.

Bon Voyage!

I love seeing your beautiful ladies 💕 running around doing chickeny things :)

China was a trip I had planned to take my mum on prior to Covid - then that threw a spanner into the works so that didn't happen. Maybe in a couple years before my mum gets too old I will bring her. I will have to get suggestions from you though on the best places to visit - oh I am so thrilled for you and just a wee bit jealous - have a splendid time and please make sure you tell your Dad all about us crazy chicken people.

Bon Voyage!
Thank you Kelly!

I made my first flight to Dallas. I'm about to hop on a flight to Doha. Kinda excited about Qatar airways.

Edit to add: I do not like that they scan my face as I board.

Thank you Kelly!

I made my first flight to Dallas. I'm about to hop on a flight to Doha. Kinda excited about Qatar airways.

Edit to add: I do not like that they scan my face as I board.
They scan your face!? Not surprised though. They want to know more about you.
You should have stopped here. You probably flew over us!

So I got a pair of socks, eye mask, tooth brush, toothpaste for my flight. Very interesting.
20230605_221826.jpg

So I got a pair of socks, eye mask, tooth brush, toothpaste for my flight. Very interesting.View attachment 3530667
Did they let you take your own toothpaste and toothbrush on the plane? They also gave you earplugs from the looks of it.
I have not been on an airplane since around 2012. I remember the food and the "keep your seatbelt on" reminders, but not much else (other than bugging Dad for the iPod touch and saying prayers).

Back
Top Bottom