Fond Memories of Raising Chickens

Mom2MoggiesAndStreetCats

In the Brooder
Oct 31, 2020
Hi,
I stumbled onto your site because I was searching Google for information on home cremation for my beloved cat, Tom, who passed away this week. He is one of six well-loved & spoiled, stray, senior cats who chose me for their forever home. Two more of my moggies are nearing the end as well. The fee for private cremation is so high and not affordable. You all have some good ideas for both cremation and burial. Thank you.
I live in London, Ontario Canada. I'm wondering if the lady from Toronto, Ontario Canada (2008) ever found help to cremate or bury her pet.
I'm city born, married onto a farm, raised chickens, raised pigs farrow to finish then life changed & I went back to the city but I was a community visiting nurse in the rural areas for many years. I'm retired now.
I miss having my chickens but London doesn't allow for backyard coops.
So I pass the time with nightly visits on my porch from my street "cats" - skunks, raccoons & possums. I have a senior Virginia possum who moved inside last winter who is one of my home cats now - fully litter trained! Very gentle.
I'm glad I found the Backyard Chicken site so I can stay tuned to farming. Thanks.

Hello,
Thank you. I, too, have taken several other longterm strays who passed away into the vet to be cremated. At $200 per private cremation, the cost has become prohibitive. I had a burial garden where I used to live but now I only have a very small yard. But I may decide to go outside tomorrow & create a new garden for Tom.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am so sorry for your loss of your cat. :hugs They really are a part of the family and it shreds the heart when they pass. Lots of cat lovers here on BYC!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom