Fond Memories of Raising Chickens

Hi,
I stumbled onto your site because I was searching Google for information on home cremation for my beloved cat, Tom, who passed away this week. He is one of six well-loved & spoiled, stray, senior cats who chose me for their forever home. Two more of my moggies are nearing the end as well. The fee for private cremation is so high and not affordable. You all have some good ideas for both cremation and burial. Thank you.
I live in London, Ontario Canada. I'm wondering if the lady from Toronto, Ontario Canada (2008) ever found help to cremate or bury her pet.
I'm city born, married onto a farm, raised chickens, raised pigs farrow to finish then life changed & I went back to the city but I was a community visiting nurse in the rural areas for many years. I'm retired now.
I miss having my chickens but London doesn't allow for backyard coops.
So I pass the time with nightly visits on my porch from my street "cats" - skunks, raccoons & possums. I have a senior Virginia possum who moved inside last winter who is one of my home cats now - fully litter trained! Very gentle.
I'm glad I found the Backyard Chicken site so I can stay tuned to farming. Thanks.
Hi :frow welcome to Backyard chickens. I am sorry for your loss, but thank you for joining us to share your memories, not only of your belovedTom, but also of your previous life with chickens. By all means please join us, make yourself at home here and relive your memories as you walk among us. You are more than welcome here.

Hello from Nova Scotia and welcome to BYC! You’ve joined a great and resourceful community!
Sorry for the loss of Tom. I think making him his own garden with a nice shirt or tree as a memorial would be a nice way to remember him. Animals are amazing at the way wrap around our hearts in a way people don’t. Cheers to Tom.

Back
Top Bottom