Food advice!!!

Yes I have four 2 weeks old Pekins. So I should add in nutritional yeast to this brand? Do you buy chance know how much I should add to a 50lb bag?
I don’t add niacin/Brewer’s Yeast to the whole feed. I only add when I’m filling the feeder for my Pekin Ducks. I do 2 TBSP Brewer’s Yeast per 1 cup of feed. My ducks seem to be fine at 3.5 weeks old.

Attachments

• EEA5D2CB-380A-4A08-A682-F37D02E5D048.jpeg
    EEA5D2CB-380A-4A08-A682-F37D02E5D048.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0
Something else I would add to their diet since you've got pekins and every other post on here is dealing with pekin issues. Get some B-complex from TSC and start them on that over treats like mealworm, tomatoes, watermelon.

Also, if you are giving something other than duck food be sure to give them chick grit on the side. NOT in their feed.
I’ve been putting the grit into their feeder with the feed. What’s the reason it needs to be separate?

I’ve been putting the grit into their feeder with the feed. What’s the reason it needs to be separate?
I really don't have that answer, it's just that everyone says not to do that and to put it on the side. Apparently they know when they need it and eat when they need to. Kinda like oyster shells for the girls.

I use a combination of Purina Flock Raiser, which does have Niacin in it, but not enough for ducklings I was told, so I add 1/4 cup of brewers test to the bag, dried mealworms, and peas. They LOVE peas!

Back
Top Bottom