1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TallChickMagnet, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    [​IMG]

2. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. TallChickMagnet

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    From their spokesman on TV... He was talking about liability insurance.

4. TallChickMagnet

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    He and his family were gun collectors and all their guns were legal...

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I am no teacher but I have been in a place to have to report child abuse... Guess what? Death threats..

I have helped mothers with children get out of bad situations. Guess what? Death threats.. One guy was running around town with a gun actively hunting me for months.

An this is not my job. I can tell you that our local school gets lots of real threats every year.

6. rebelcowboysnb

6 guns does not equal a collector. I dont know may people that have so few. Burt Gummer, thats a gun collector.

1 person likes this.
  7. rebelcowboysnb

Nothing like people getting there gun info from movies...

8. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    So if I were 17 years old and my father had a liquor business or LEGALLY bought it and there was liquor in my house it would LEGAL for me to have it in my possession? Hardly. Would you be calling for alcohol control if I (as a 17 year old) were drinking and killed a family of four. I doubt you would. There is laws already that are supposed to prevent that, underage drinking. But yet happens every day even with all the safeguards in place. I just find your thinking marred by emotion and/or extremely flawed. Sorry.

Where did you find that he was a gun collector and duly licensed? Post a link from the Conn. record bureau to support that claim. I find you post these facts that are not in evidence. Yes the guns were legally bought(by his mother) and perhaps not stored properly or this murderer had access to them or did so forcibly. So far I have not found any evidence the gun did anything wrong. So I suggest to you that you all the facts correct before posting and not pull things out of the thin air. Clearly this was a case of just bad parenting.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Reb you are right about that. Heck I got about thirty guns and don't consider myself a collector barely even an enthusiast. Just have a gun for the different things I do. Of course the liberal media would consider that a cache' or stockpiling weapons.[​IMG] Oh how we criticize what we don't understand.

1 person likes this.
  10. rebelcowboysnb

My current understanding of the story is the guns were locked in a safe an she was trying to get him committed... Just like laws though, locks are just there to help keep honest people honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by