FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also to address an issue that several people have mentioned about celebrites, the pope and the president having armed security. What world do you live in? Many of these people face daily threats; some serious, some not so serious. They are often very real targets, especially religious and world leaders. Most schools are not daily targets, most banks aren't even daily targets. Again it is not comparing apples to apples but apples to unicorns.
thumbsup.gif
goodpost.gif

Gee I have been a Life Member of the NRA for 25 years and the give you insurance for your guns. So where did you get your info about the NRA being against insurance? I will being waiting patiently for your link and anything from the HuffPost you can forget.
From their spokesman on TV... He was talking about liability insurance.

Lets start with enforcing the ones we have on the books first? All laws not just guns ones. I am pretty sure it was illegal for him to have a gun in his possession due to not being licensed, so what could have prevented this tragedy? This kid was hell bent and no amount of laws or bans were going to stop this freak. Perhaps if a teacher had a Glock 40 it may have been prevented to a degree.

There is no such thing as sensible guns laws more so when people with no sense are writing them.
He and his family were gun collectors and all their guns were legal...

Also to address an issue that several people have mentioned about celebrites, the pope and the president having armed security. What world do you live in? Many of these people face daily threats; some serious, some not so serious. They are often very real targets, especially religious and world leaders. Most schools are not daily targets, most banks aren't even daily targets. Again it is not comparing apples to apples but apples to unicorns.

I am no teacher but I have been in a place to have to report child abuse... Guess what? Death threats..

I have helped mothers with children get out of bad situations. Guess what? Death threats.. One guy was running around town with a gun actively hunting me for months.

An this is not my job. I can tell you that our local school gets lots of real threats every year.

The memories of that video caused me physical pain, Reb.
he.gif

I will now steal this and post it all over Facebook. You know the Brady Center thinks that a flash suppressor allows someone to shoot unseen in the dark, don't you? They have no clue what they're talking about. They also have this bizarre idea that a sound suppressor actually silences a gun.
roll.png
Nothing like people getting there gun info from movies...

He and his family were gun collectors and all their guns were legal...

So if I were 17 years old and my father had a liquor business or LEGALLY bought it and there was liquor in my house it would LEGAL for me to have it in my possession? Hardly. Would you be calling for alcohol control if I (as a 17 year old) were drinking and killed a family of four. I doubt you would. There is laws already that are supposed to prevent that, underage drinking. But yet happens every day even with all the safeguards in place. I just find your thinking marred by emotion and/or extremely flawed. Sorry.

Where did you find that he was a gun collector and duly licensed? Post a link from the Conn. record bureau to support that claim. I find you post these facts that are not in evidence. Yes the guns were legally bought(by his mother) and perhaps not stored properly or this murderer had access to them or did so forcibly. So far I have not found any evidence the gun did anything wrong. So I suggest to you that you all the facts correct before posting and not pull things out of the thin air. Clearly this was a case of just bad parenting.

Last edited:
6 guns does not equal a collector. I dont know may people that have so few. Burt Gummer, thats a gun collector.

Reb you are right about that. Heck I got about thirty guns and don't consider myself a collector barely even an enthusiast. Just have a gun for the different things I do. Of course the liberal media would consider that a cache' or stockpiling weapons.
gig.gif
Oh how we criticize what we don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom