food, worming and housing question

Soon you will have this:

Looking for the 'like' button
thumbsup.gif

These are the cutest pictures I have ever seen!!! I love it! I am so glad to see them hanging with the other birds. They clearly love the other birds and want to be with them, but they JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE! These birds have just floored me. They've only known me since Tuesday and already they come running at 35 mph to see me when they hear my voice. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

I want my vet to come out and give them the WEE and EEE shots that have been recommended. I am praying to high heaven that they are both male or both female. I can already tell one from the other and they have very different personalities. They make that really sweet noise-- so soft and high-pitched you can barely hear it.

I love these birds.

Hi - I also just acquired two Emus ... we are getting alpacas in two weeks so I'm glad to see yours are in with the alpacas! These were in with some Llamas previously. My husband thinks they will be guard animals but who know?

I was planning to worm them with ivermectin paste before the alpacas come but am not sure of the dosage ... is it 1 cc or 20 mg per 100 lbs? I'm confused... I was planning to put it on some bread or something and feed it to them that way.

Hi - I also just acquired two Emus ... we are getting alpacas in two weeks so I'm glad to see yours are in with the alpacas! These were in with some Llamas previously. My husband thinks they will be guard animals but who know?

I was planning to worm them with ivermectin paste before the alpacas come but am not sure of the dosage ... is it 1 cc or 20 mg per 100 lbs? I'm confused... I was planning to put it on some bread or something and feed it to them that way.

couldn't tell you .. but there is a link in this section of the forum for a download of the "Emu Farmer's Handbook".. you may want to give it a try ..

Back
Top Bottom