1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

fool proof / waste free feeders?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Czech's_chicks, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    In my dreams, I envision a feeder where no food is flung all over the place and wasted...but I never get to the end of the dream to see what it really really looks like.

I thinking it's a walk in diner type thing where the walls keep the food from flinging???

Any ideas? These guys are in a run on the ground. I try to scoop the food and put it in the bowl but it's immediately kicked or bathed out of the bowl.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
  3. Jimsbirdhouse

Jimsbirdhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Gonzales, Texas
    If you want a feeder that Quail will not waste the feed, check out the feeder that I build, It's called THE BEST EVER QUAIL FEEDER. You can see pictures if you go to my BYC page .

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:That's what i use too.

5. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    why not just put your feeder inside a tub. either cut a hole for entry or just let them hop up and in. i'v seen this before and like it alot. not a pretty looking deal but it is effective on not wasting your $$$

6. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    Quote:same one i use, its the best

7. srsmith69

srsmith69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I use the feeders made by jimsbirdhouse "the Best ever Quail feeder". I also use it for young chicks. They are extremely efficient and very little waste.

8. troseblad

troseblad Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Bartlett, TX
    Jim's feeders will cut out almost all the waste.

9. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree Jim's is probably the best

10. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Plus one on Jim's I have all sizes he makes & love his feeders. They beat all other feeders plus the way there designed makes it easy for the birds to eat out of. The red ones seems like the birds are always crawling inside to eat poor design.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by