foolish Turkey Question (Tethering)

spook

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
North Central Florida
Have any of you turkey folks tried tethering your Turkeys? I feel so bad making the 2 newbies- Ive had them 2 weeks now, and would love to let them get some sunshine and dig in the dirt.
Right now I have a net over the doorway and they stand dreaming of getting out. (The pullet is looking at the wild toms and my 5ish year old tom is in love with her, yet I swear he has no love for me!)
I would assume at the way they are acting that if we let them out, they would go off with the wild ones.
What do you think?

Last edited:
With the exception of Great white and BB bronze, most turkeys we have ever had want to get out and explore. If they have been homed for two weeks they should stay around for food.

If you have the free time you can always let them out for a bit and let them wander around a bit.

Tom

Thank you for your reply, I worry about them flying the coop and going wild. That pullet is a wirey bugger. I can pick the tom up, but cannot get close to the female.
Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow, its supposed to be nice and if they go off, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom