Foot feather issue

Mandee297

Songster
Jun 30, 2020
Southern New Jersey
Hi all. My girl has something going on with her foot feathers. It happened a few weeks ago as well. I cleaned it, treated it avian wound spray (she’s such a good patient thank god) but now it happened again. Showing no signs of pain and walks on it fine. i did some googling and is it pulled pin feathers. At first I thought somehow she lost a toe but they’re all there. Cleaned again it hydrogen peroxide and wound spray.
please be kind. Doing best I can with her

Attachments

• 8B5F95DE-F80E-44D8-AA01-7482F5C9ABE2.jpeg
    8B5F95DE-F80E-44D8-AA01-7482F5C9ABE2.jpeg
    624.9 KB · Views: 6
Do all your chickens have feathered feet? Is it possible that one of the others keeps pulling on the feathers? I have one olive egger who should have one or two feathers on her legs but someone keeps pulling them. Fortunately in her case, there is no open wound and at this point, I think the feathers have stopped trying to grow back in.
If that is the case, you may want to separate her until her foot heals so the others don't make it worse.

Do all your chickens have feathered feet? Is it possible that one of the others keeps pulling on the feathers? I have one olive egger who should have one or two feathers on her legs but someone keeps pulling them. Fortunately in her case, there is no open wound and at this point, I think the feathers have stopped trying to grow back in.
If that is the case, you may want to separate her until her foot heals so the others don't make it worse.
Thank you. Only two have feathered feet. And then I have two others. One is laying and acting a bit intense. Wondering if she is pulling at them. Unfortunately I don’t really have a place I can put her but since we’ve had milder weather I’m trying to give more free range time. 🥺 seems to help.

Back
Top Bottom