Foot issue. Bumblefoot or something else ?

Buceethebuckeye

Hatching
May 30, 2023
I have a year old Mystic Onyx and I noticed this sore on her foot. It looked like a bumble, though had some inflamation , and some white skin seemed to be coming out the side.

Yesterday I gave her an epsom salt bath , and applied some wartsoff and prid, then wrapped it.

Today I gave her another epsom salt bath , and tried to get it out after. I started to use tweezers to take it out but it started to bleed. There was some puss that I tried to squeeze out. I ended up stopping and bandaging it up after putting some vetrycn and prid on it.

I took a bumble out of my other girl today and it was nothing like this. It was just a little kernel and no blood . Is this a more severe bumble or something else ?

Attachments

• 7E8AF515-DA27-42DA-9037-F05830635D8D.jpeg
    7E8AF515-DA27-42DA-9037-F05830635D8D.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 24
It looks like a more severe case of bumblefoot to me. You may just have to go for it and get it out.

You may find that every case is a bit different. If you got out a solid cheesy core of pus, then squeezed a little more, that may be all there is to it. When I have cut on those, most will bleed a bit. I have had to do a lot of squeezing, though. Were either of these birds limping before? This is a good article on bumblefoot, and at the bottom there is a good video on how to do the foot dresssing:

https://the-chicken-chick.com/bumbl...es of bumblefoot,day and covered until healed.

Back
Top Bottom