Foot or leg injury

Emilosis

Hatching
Jun 12, 2021
One of my pullets appears to be favoring one foot/leg. She runs around just fine, no limping or anything. But when she standing still she lifts one of her feet off of the ground. She’s not keen on being held so I thought I would ask you fine people for suggestions on what all I should look for so I can check her out as much as possible in one go. She’s about 3 months and I just moved her to the coop so I wonder if the roost is maybe a little high for her and she landed hard. I don’t see a wound so far, but are there early signs of bumble foot I should look for? All ideas welcome!

You have pictures for us to see about her foot?

But your conclusion is accurate not all young chicken understand how to glide down from roost to avoid leg injures. So you might want to try lowering the roost to accommodate her.

You have pictures for us to see about her foot?

But your conclusion is accurate not all young chicken understand how to glide down from roost to avoid leg injures. So you might want to try lowering the roost to accommodate her.
No pictures yet, since right now it would just be a chicken standing on one leg haha. I’ll post some pics of her foot closer up when I grab her to investigate. I think I’ll lower the roost too, just to be safe.

Well today she’s acting totally normal and standing on two feet. Gonna chalk this one up to a probable rough landing from the roost and file it away in the overreactive newbie file lol.

Back
Top Bottom