football(soccar) playing chickens

urbanhomesteader

Songster
14 Years
Feb 26, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
I saw this story and thought I would share it.
lol.png

975849.jpg

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2326505.html?menu=news.quirkies.animaltales

Two chickens have become well known in China for their skills with a football.

Owner Ms Zhang says the two bantams have become addicted to the game.

"I found an unwanted football on the way home around three months ago, and brought it home and kicked it to the two cocks. They were scared at first," she told the People's Daily.

But after a while, the chickens started to play with and fight for the ball.

"I now bring them downstairs everyday to play football. They are quite addicted to the sport," she added.

"They know how to break through, slide-tackle, and make a fair charge."

Now I don't feel so weird...hubby and I had bought a pack of cat toy balls, the plastic ones with the bells in the center. Our rabbits love them (and have never chewed them up) so I thought it would give the chicks some fun.

Check-out lady: Oh, you have cats!!!

Us: No, they are for the chicks. Our rabbits enjoy them so we thought the Banty babies would too!

Check-out lady: Blank stare!
lau.gif

Hubby got the same reaction when he bought me the baby monitor for when the babes get moved out to their real home!
gig.gif

That's hilarious. Too bad they just don't understand. I get weird looks from my family when I take one of the chicks out of the brooder and bring her into the office with me and sit with her in my lap while I'm on the computer. My boys laugh at me because I've named three of my chicks already. The three RIRs: cinna-bon, snickerdoodle, and punkin. When I explain to them that cinna-bon looks like a cinnamon roll because she has rust colored streaks from head to tail and her wings are cream colored, sickerdoodle is cream colored with light speckles that look like cinnamon, and punkin is the darkest one and looks like a pumpkin! That just makes them laugh harder. Oh well!

My 2 one year old roosters love to kick the soccer ball, or the basketball, or the Pogo moon hopper. It's the funniest thing. They were raised together and never fight. That is until Coconut wants to play ball and our Alpha roo Muffin decides that he won't share his ball. I have clips on video but nothing very long. You know how it is, you try to enlist the kid's help instaging such a thing and they throw the ball into the woods!

Muffin also likes to chase the small bicycles, the kids on scooters, and the R/C cars. My daughter is petrified of him !
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom