For all you egg shippers out there-check this out!

trilyn

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
East Syracuse
Hi there, I was doing a little research on incubators and came across this site for shipping eggs/chicks. I know a lot of you have had problems with eggs breaking and such, I thought this was such a neat idea and thought I'd share. If this has been discussed before, whoops! There's some neat stuff on here though.
smile.png

http://www.fortune3.com/Shop@Horizon/Foam_Egg_Shippers-Carton_of_12_36_hole_foam_egg_shippers.html

With a price of $71.40 EACH!!!
I haven't had any reports of my eggs getting broken. I just use bubble wrap, paper packing, and an egg carton.
They would be much cheaper to make on your own.
Wow!
lol.png

Costs you 24.95 to ship that size of box. People howl about paying too high of shipping. Add $6 for the insert and $25 dollars for shipping and customers are really going to whine.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, but you still have to buy a dozen at a time & charge customers the fee of prepaid shipping at $25.00.
So your total fees to buy and ship out a carton would be over $30.00.
I don't think that I would be willing to buy $72.00 of shipping supplies up front like that. USPS send Prepaid Priority boxes to my door for free.
big_smile.png

Like I mentioned before...
it might be worth trying to reproduce the design, but too expensive for my budget.
I know... I'm cheap!
idunno.gif

ETA: fixed spelling from typing too fast.

Last edited:
The shipping for that box is not 24.95. The shipping for the order of 12 is 24.95. Even with shipping added in they only come out to $8.03 each. I went to USPS and calculated shipping on that box, Priority, from Kansas to Calif- $8.10. So the total for materials and shipping is around $16-$17. About the same or less than I usually pay for shipped eggs. I love that box!!! If I ever ship eggs, it is definitely what I will use.

Quote:
I was just going by what I read on the website:
The Website Says: :

"Total Foam Egg Shipper": $5.95 each in cartons of 12. The 36 hole shipper is the perfect size for larger eggs such as chicken sized eggs.. These come with the 2" thick foam tray and the 1/4" thick top and bottom foam pads and includes the USPS Priority Mail corrugated box. These are shipped within 2-3 business days and have a set USPS rate of $24.95.

Price: $ 71.40 / Each

I don't have a problem with my eggs breaking, though. I'll just stick with my bubble wrap & free priority boxes.
This might be a good idea for someone who needs easy, quick packing and has customers willing to spend the extra on s/h.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
me too!
His prices are hard to figure sometimes. I called to clarify back when I bought a bird box, and they gave me a discount
thumbsup.gif

I'd like to see a smaller one. I will be shipping 6 as soon as the girls get going.
Thanks Dove for doing the homework on the shipping!

Back
Top Bottom