For anyone who has ordered from metzer farms...(question)

It was in the spring or summer of 2010. I don't remember exactly. I was surprised, because yeah, if someone only orders 2 it's generally because they really only want 2. I think it was just a mistake on their part. Still, if I order there again (and I wouldn't hesitate to order there again), I'll make sure to specify to please only send exactly what I ordered.
When was this?
I ordered 3 females in Aug 2010 and received just 3 ducks. They are one of the few hatcheries that let you do an order between 2-9 because they know you don't want a bunch of extras arriving to your doorstep.

Question, what or how does one supply water for the ducks to swim during winter time?/

How does one prevent water from freezing??

We ordered all our ducks and geese them Metzer and had no problems at all! Perfect healthy little ducklings and goslings (all grown up now!).

This is the set up we had, and inside is the actual box they (10 Blue Swedish ducklings) arrived in...they used it for sleeping.

These are our American Buff geese Flapjack and Pancake...and the box they arrived in from Metzer.

:) They were shipped separately because the geese were not available as soon as the ducklings were.
----------

AHHH sooo cute! I remember when my ducklings arrived in that box from metzers. I can't wait to order again :) love the goslings.

Are you talking about for ducklings? You'll want them to be inside for at least the first month for winter. Actually possibly month and a half, and then I usually bring them into the house at night. For my ducklings, I wanted them to have warm or lukewarm water so I put them in this huge sink I have in my garage or my bathtub
big_smile.png

I ordered 10 runners from Metzer in October 2010. 11 arrived safe and sound all the way cross country in Florida. I would definitely order from them again. I lost 4 in the first 1.5 days but I am almost 100% that it was due to my lack of knowledge. They reimbursed me for them even after I told them that.

I ordered 10 runners from Metzer in October 2010. 11 arrived safe and sound all the way cross country in Florida. I would definitely order from them again. I lost 4 in the first 1.5 days but I am almost 100% that it was due to my lack of knowledge. They reimbursed me for them even after I told them that.
---
yes I believe they are a very reliable source with healthy birds. I ordered two and they were healthy and perfect and arrived the morning after they were shipped.

Back
Top Bottom