For anyone with condensation issues while hatching.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by love-my-wolves, May 8, 2008.

1. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I don't know if anyone else had condensation issues while hatching. I noticed that I was unable to see through the window on my homemade bator. Especially when I upped the humidity. My solution: this great new fishtank cleaner. Sold at most pet stores, and I picked mine up at wally world. It's a magnet, one side has green felt, the other has yellow. You just put them on the window, one inside one outside, and gently run the top magnet over the window. The bottom magnet follows, and the condensation is wiped off. These are quite heavy duty, as I was worried the inside one would fall off, but you have to pull the top magnet hard before it will release. Hope this helps someone else out. Oh, and I will be re-using mine for the turtles!!! Steph

2. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Oh I have seen those! They are used for cleaning the algae off the glass walls of the fish tank.My petstore here has them in different shapes- one is shaped like a diver, one a shark...the outside magnet is the head/upper torso of the diver/shark, the inside magnet is the legs/tail...what a great idea to use these!

I was very excited yesterday at Dollar Tree to find soap dishes in the perfect shape/depth for waterers for the middle-size baby chicks, along with marbles [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by