For my Dh's sake please help.....

I am a nurse, so by law I always start by saying "go see the doctor" BUT you can try benadryl too. It knocks me out cold when I can't sleep. I have had the very same problem you are having since I was like 10 (now 32). Everybody else in my family could lay down in the middle of the road and sleep day or night. I have some OCD issues and think that has an effect on me. I have also noticed that when the time changes and I am not out working my A$$ off all day I get very NOT NICE and cannot sleep or anything for days. The Tylenol PM is just Tylenol with Benadryl in it so get a cheap bottle of benadryl and take you a swig bout an hour before you want to go to sleep.

One thing I've read over and over and do myself is get out of bed when I can't sleep. The bed is for two things only- sleep, and we all know the other.
wink.png
Instead of tossing and turning, get up, turn on the TV, get on the computer, read a book, anything, until you are tired again.

I had a week just like that last week.
Exactly the same symptoms as you.
I dont know why but i think it was hormonal.
I have returned to normal sleep now.
Hopefully it will be the same for you too.
Im 46 now and my body is doing some really weird things to me!
Hope you get better.
Hugs

Pennyroyal tea helps me sometimes. It always seems to calm my nerves too. It is best to make the tea from the plant itself. Do not use the oils from the healthfood stores they are too concentrated. Also if there is even a slight chance of being pregnant pennyroyal is a nono.

Well out of the 2 things a bed is good for DH says he can help me with one of them LOL
I have made myself a hot cup of tea ( just reg. since that is what I have on hand right now ). \\Went out to put chicks to bed, feed dogs,let ducks out of thier pen for the night, and now I just think I will relax before bed ( I kinda feel a little tired from being busy today ).

And as far as being pregnate - nope not me ( cant have any more kids ).

I dont think it is a health problem why I am not able to sleep I think it is just bad luck - this week has been crazy with this and that.

Thank you all for the help - I am planning on having sweet chicken dreams tonight. LOL

Julie

My wife had the same problem. I had the solution and it works every time.

Take 100MG of vitimin B1. You have to look for the 100mg tablets but they are there. If you have a walgreens they have it. One 100MG B1 about 30 minutes before you go to bed and you will sleep all night.

Our bodies get stressed and when we get stressed our bodies use B1. When you replenish the B1 you relax and get a really good nights rest.

There you have it. All natural sleep relief. Make sure you tell everyone what a great nights sleep you got after taking it.
cool.png

Wow, everyone's got a trick.

In the summer, I do some heavy yard work when I get home from my regular job, and then go swimming or take a cool shower. Don't ask me why, but being chilly makes me want to curl up under the warm blankets and not come out for hours. I wake up mostly when I'm hot. Now, I just walk the dog and he gives me a workout in the cold air--I'm trying not to crash out on the couch right now.

Quote:
Julie, you are stressed & depressed.

Relaxation is the key, use whatever method works for you. If you can truely relax, sleep will come shortly after.

I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night in the last 19 years, but my problem is linked to a medical condition.

If I don't really relax, I can't even get the 4 hours sleep.

Quote:
I agree when things are stressful and I can't sleep a glass of red wine does the trick. Take a glass of wine sit on the pourch and relax, don't think about anything stare at the stars, that's what I do works every time

I have the perfect cure!!!!! Rent a movie you've been dying to see and I can almost promise you if you are tired you'll be off to dreamland and miss the big ending.
gig.gif
Always works for me! Seriously though, everyone has given some really good suggestions! I like to spray the pillows with a lavendar scented spray. Makes me sleep beautifully! Hope it all works out for you!

Back
Top Bottom