For my Grandma

MPio13

Chirping
May 18, 2017
This is my coop and my ladies:
I wanted chickens in my backyard for about a year before I actually went for it. And not until I had them for a few weeks did I realize why I wanted them in the first place, it was for sentimental/nostalgic value. I grew up on my grandparents farm and having the chickens brings my childhood back and comorts me and helps relieve stress. (Goats are to come next year, for the same reason! Haha) my grandma is very proud of my small start to a farm.
Here's my hens/coop,

Welcome to BYC!
Chickens are awesome for many reasons, I am glad you are experiencing this wonderful world of chicken raising!

Howdy! Love the story. Yes, a flock a chickens can take you back to your childhood as they do create many lovely memories.

This is my coop and my ladies:
I wanted chickens in my backyard for about a year before I actually went for it. And not until I had them for a few weeks did I realize why I wanted them in the first place, it was for sentimental/nostalgic value. I grew up on my grandparents farm and having the chickens brings my childhood back and comorts me and helps relieve stress. (Goats are to come next year, for the same reason! Haha) my grandma is very proud of my small start to a farm.
Here's my hens/coop,

That is really a sweet story. Maybe chickens & a farm will be a family tradition for you to pass down. ♡

I totally agree that they lower stress. I am a total stress monster. But I make time for the girls every day, because it makes me feel at peace.

Please do post some photos! :highfive:

20170522_065742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom