For Mylilchix-Chicken Addicts 12 Step Program

My chicks are in the bath tub as well.

I thought this was funny...till I realized I skipped Step 7.

I am nothing if not thorough and goal oriented so.....

It's starting again...

I admitted on here last year I was an addict. Then we had to give ours away a couple months ago due to a family situation. Now, we're starting over. Getting new babies is so fun. We got four yesterday and are going to get some more tomorrow!!

And Scooter, it means you're an addict, too. If you put them in YOUR tub, them it means you'll likely stink before long...lol

Blessedchickmomma,
My SO would kick me out of the house if I put them in our only tub, it's the one in the upstairs. My SO barely tolerates me as it is, but she saw the chickens on our second date when she came to the house, so she KNEW what she was getting into.
When it comes time to butcher the meaties she goes to her mothers for the weekend, she wants no part of it. I can't convince her what fun she is missing.
lol.png

Quote:
It means that I can rationalize MY behavior!
tongue.png

"At least, I don't have chicks in the bathtub..." I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!
barnie.gif

Today, my DD told me that when I say I ordered some chicks it doesn't sound so bad.
However, were I to state that I plan to acquire FORTY NEW PETS, I'd sound absolutely insane.
he.gif

Nothing like a teenager to take Mum down a notch.

I do not have a problem. My Dh has the problem! He has to find a place to put all his stuff that was in the shed because it is being expanded into a new coop. And my chicks arent in the bathtub they are in a brooder near the bathroom sink on the floor. (My son says its creepy to have chicks watch you take a shower...See I don have a problem, everybody else in my household has the problem.
wink.png

Last edited:
I've got an addendum for Step 6. In addition to building coops, I scan craigslist everyday to see if I can find something that can be converted into a coop. Every shed, dog house, play house, large wooden box I see, I think "hmmmm, I could easily convert that into a coop." I'm even more dangerous now that I've learned how to use a tablesaw!!

Sonja

Quote:
Sonja, it's a good thing you aren't in California! We'd be fighting eachother over the chicken coop material! I've posted ads asking for anything chicken related on both Craigslist and FreeCycle hah! Great minds think alike

Quote:
Sonja, it's a good thing you aren't in California! We'd be fighting eachother over the chicken coop material! I've posted ads asking for anything chicken related on both Craigslist and FreeCycle hah! Great minds think alike

I wish you were in Colorado! There's a woman near me selling a 7'x7' coop for $75!! I also just found an 8'x8' insulated dog house for $100. You'd be doing really well out here.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom