For Mylilchix-Chicken Addicts 12 Step Program

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
I took the liberty of consolidating the Chicken Addicts 12 Step Program.
1. Admit you have a problem.
2. Let the enablers (those that introduce you to new breeds of chickens
you don't have yet) know that you have a problem.
3. Purchase those new breeds of chicks from step 2.
4. Deal with the crowding situation in your coop.
5. Admit you have a problem.
6. Build a larger coop so you have room to buy more chicks.
7. Buy more chicks.
8. Invest in an incubator to start hatching your own chicks (this can be
claimed with the IRS under Health Care - it saved your life).
9. Clear a room in your house (displace child if nec.) to keep your new
incubator, brooders, etc. you'll need the space.
10. Add on to your coop and assure the husband that it's only "an
addition" (til the eggs hatch).
11. Move to more acreage so your chickens can have more space (no
other reason necessary).
12. Give it up-you have an addiction.

***Disclaimer-this program does NOT claim to "cure" the addiction.

Last edited:
My hubby was reading through this with me. He rolled his eyes and said, "Great."
hu.gif

Hi my name is Sonja, and I am a chicken addict. Whew, ok I've admited I have a problem! Now who has seramas and button quail, I need to move on to step 2. lol
lau.gif

Chickensioux, thanks for putting that together I needed the list.

Sonja

Hi, my name is Karen, and I am a poultry addict. I have 25 chickens in the henhouse, 6 in the barn (but I sold them...I promise), 5 ducks on the hill, three geese, two turkeys (and she is brooding), have 22 chicks and five ducklings in my living room, 25 more chicks arriving in two weeks
jumpy.gif
and nowhere to put them...And I agreed to adopt the neighbor's 12 chickens because she is moving and can't take them...I wonder if I should get some Light Brahmas??? I've heard they are great dual purpose birds...I could trade some Brabanters or some Sussex...Where does trading fall in the twelve steps?

Yea, I have a problem. I just swear we're going to sell the eggs and make some money back, but seriously I can just see me giving them away to the food bank. SHHEEEZE!

THAT"S IT! My 25 year old son just moved out. I'll fill the room with chicken supplies. Incubator, brroder. Why couldn't I have INDOOR CHICKENS. Then I wouldn't even have to go outside for my daily FIX.

droolin.gif
I don't have a addiction not me nope never. Is that a chick! Oh I need more chicks
love.gif

An addiction that is just silly

Can I hold that chick for you. Just one just one more I can handle it just need one more come on GIVE IT TO ME NOW
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom