For Nabiki - Mouse traps

CliftonQuail

Songster
Feb 2, 2023
Central Texas
@Nabiki I saw your video on YouTube about having mice in your greenhouse. Here are links to two different traps that are covered so should be safe for your birds. Bait them with peanut butter:
For larger mice/rats: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086BDFJHL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For field mice: https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Ult...d6e-8252-daf9c236e6c4&pd_rd_i=B01MRL59FI&th=1
I have those. (Both styles)
They work o.k. but for the Large size trap, I'd still place something over it like a Milk crate where a bird can't get into it. The opening is fairly large (rat sized) so a Quail *could* fit (depending on the size of the Quail).

Field mice trap, Quail chicks would fit into that too.

Just saying, but I do use them around my adult chickens with no issues or in areas where my dog may be so he doesn't get snapped.

@Nabiki I saw your video on YouTube about having mice in your greenhouse. Here are links to two different traps that are covered so should be safe for your birds. Bait them with peanut butter:
For larger mice/rats: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086BDFJHL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For field mice: https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Ult...d6e-8252-daf9c236e6c4&pd_rd_i=B01MRL59FI&th=1
Thanks. These may be just what I'm looking for, if a bit pricier than I was going to spend. They're reusable, at least.

They work o.k. but for the Large size trap, I'd still place something over it like a Milk crate where a bird can't get into it. The opening is fairly large (rat sized) so a Quail *could* fit (depending on the size of the Quail).

Just saying, but I do use them around my adult chickens with no issues or in areas where my dog may be so he doesn't get snapped.
The only bird I have to worry about getting into the traps is the rooster. The quail are all in pens, so I'd be setting the traps at the entrances where the mice are digging in, not inside the pens themselves.

I wasn't suggesting them for anywhere that the quail could access. In her video, the only bird I saw at risk was a chicken rooster that had free access to the entire greenhouse. Her quail are in cages that mice appear to be digging into.

Thanks. These may be just what I'm looking for, if a bit pricier than I was going to spend. They're reusable, at least.

The only bird I have to worry about getting into the traps is the rooster. The quail are all in pens, so I'd be setting the traps at the entrances where the mice are digging in, not inside the pens themselves.
If it's a full-grown rooster, then likely he won't bother them. I do place those inside my runs when I notice activity and the birds don't even seem to notice. But only with adult chickens, no chicks.

They are more expensive (more than when I bought mine - Inflation!) but they are sturdy, resuable and mine have lasted a few years now. I've caught rats, mice, chipmunk and 1 long ticked off black snake. Yep. Good times😂

If it's a full-grown rooster, then likely he won't bother them. I do place those inside my runs when I notice activity and the birds don't even seem to notice. But only with adult chickens, no chicks.

They are more expensive (more than when I bought mine - Inflation!) but they are sturdy, resuable and mine have lasted a few years now. I've caught rats, mice, chipmunk and 1 long ticked off black snake. Yep. Good times😂
I ordered a pack of them. I expect that the rooster will be fine. We'll see how many I catch! One mouse committed suicide in Nugget's water. I don't think it drowned. I think it died of hypothermia. Being immersed in freezing water is not a good way to survive.

I hope you catch a lot!
I have caught quite a few then it seems like you have to change up bait, location, etc. They get wise I think.

If they would just live out in the woods and field, they could be happy and me too:)

I hope you catch a lot!
I have caught quite a few then it seems like you have to change up bait, location, etc. They get wise I think.

If they would just live out in the woods and field, they could be happy and me too:)
I had one of the large tunnel traps catch 3 field mice in one batch. Unfortunately, it didn't kill all of them, so I had to deal with that.

Back
Top Bottom