For people with unfriendly chickens

menkot

Songster
15 Years
Jun 1, 2007
I have found the secret to getting your chickens used to you and coming up to you. I know giving treats works but now for the top secret super chicken attractor.........

Are you sure you are ready for this???

Bright red crocs or fake crocs. Mine will not let my feet alone! I bought some el cheapos for my chicken yard shoes. They attack my feet every time I go in. I can't get them away from me. I have a gang of chickens at my feet every time. The ultimate chicken attractors. Who knew????
lau.gif

I have purple fake crocs but I dont wear them in the yard because the tiny "fines" rocks on the driveway go thru the holes and I have to keep stopping to empty my shoes!

chel

I thought my family and I were the only ones using fake crocs for the chicken yard!
th.gif

They work pretty well for that purpose!

(Mine are black though.)
cool.png

Last edited:
I've posted this before, but.....

I have these light blue fake crocs with darker blue swirls on them that I think my roo finds "sexy," as he's attempted to mount my foot a few times. Weird, I know.

Red painted toenails work, too. Sat out in the yard one day barefoot and they attacked! I was hopping around trying to get away, but they just mobbed me. My family was a lot of help - they were practically on the ground they were laughing so hard.
lol.png
The girls must think they're strawberries or tomatoes!LOL

lau.gif
LOL, I am so out of touch! I had no idea what a croc was other than the reptile. I was wondering why chickens were attracted to fake crocodiles, LOL!!! OMG, I have truly left society at last!

Last edited:
Mine like my toe rings. I have one on each foot and they bite so hard they try to rip them off my toes!!!!!! Ouch it hurts!!

I did that, too, LOL! And guess what? No way I could wear a weird rubber/plastic shoe like that where I live. TOTALLY impractical. I can just see myself bushwacking through the woods or hiking up the trails in that shoe. My Lord, that's a broken ankle waiting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom