For those of you getting hatching eggs...

Do let me know how the eggs taist, i may have problems telling a pea egg from some of my chicken hens eggs., might have to taist one if i am not sure.

Do they taist anything like a chicken egg? like will i know the difference? i had a hen bossing a chicken hen off her nesting spot on the dozer so sence the boys are chasing each other and calling i figured i might need to be looking for eggs soon.

To me, they don't look the same. My pea eggs were a lot pointier on the end. Granted, I have only had one hen so maybe others are different?

This weekend when they hit the skillet I will get a pic of them for here.Frosty, I do have about 8 bronze from 2012 hatch,,plenty of Black Shoulder silver pieds from Roadtrip,,and maybe 1-2 Thangettes left.I can ship eggs this spring but we all know you may be disappointed. I'm out of shipping boxes so would need to get some here and that may take a week to get,if your wanting some now,or we can wait a few months?

To me, they don't look the same. My pea eggs were a lot pointier on the end. Granted, I have only had one hen so maybe others are different?
I got some pea eggs last year and i tell ya with all the different mixed breed chicken hens i have , i get every size, shape, texture and color from them and when i put the pea egg with some to compare it was hard to tell the difference.

some of my chicken hens even lay eggs the same shape as my guineas and i can tell by how hard the shells are.

I only have three hens and they're in their own aviary, but if I were to mix their eggs with a bunch of chicken and duck eggs, I could still see the difference.

I got some pea eggs last year and i tell ya with all the different mixed breed chicken hens i have , i get every size, shape, texture and color from them and when i put the pea egg with some to compare it was hard to tell the difference.

some of my chicken hens even lay eggs the same shape as my guineas and i can tell by how hard the shells are.
That's interesting, I think some of my hens do that, too. All of my guineas are locked up now, so if I see any of those pointy ones, I'll know where they came from!

Last edited:
My guineas are just starting to lay, my geese lay all year long
idunno.gif
as do my Muscovy ducks

This weekend when they hit the skillet I will get a pic of them for here.Frosty, I do have about 8 bronze from 2012 hatch,,plenty of Black Shoulder silver pieds from Roadtrip,,and maybe 1-2 Thangettes left.I can ship eggs this spring but we all know you may be disappointed. I'm out of shipping boxes so would need to get some here and that may take a week to get,if your wanting some now,or we can wait a few months?
If you could ship birds, that would be great! PM me how much you want, I could even pay now. I wouldn't want them shipped yet, the way the temps are here in Feb I would feel cruel to bring them up here right now (though it wouldn't be as bad as if they came from TX or somewhere like that...)

Back
Top Bottom