For those of you getting hatching eggs...

I got some pea eggs last year and i tell ya with all the different mixed breed chicken hens i have , i get every size, shape, texture and color from them and when i put the pea egg with some to compare it was hard to tell the difference.

some of my chicken hens even lay eggs the same shape as my guineas and i can tell by how hard the shells are.
You must get some really interesting eggs! None of my hens lay any that are that pointy. I have thrown guinea eggs at the wall before and they just bounced off... I have to wonder how the chicks get out. Though they probably aren't as tough from the inside.

I only have three hens and they're in their own aviary, but if I were to mix their eggs with a bunch of chicken and duck eggs, I could still see the difference.
casportpony, you do realize that if you don't make yourself a custom title to go with your GFM, we might have to bribe the admin and fix you up with one of our choosing! I think kuntrygirl and I could come up with something really good!
lau.gif

casportpony, you do realize that if you don't make yourself a custom title to go with your GFM, we might have to bribe the admin and fix you up with one of our choosing! I think kuntrygirl and I could come up with something really good!
lau.gif
Don't you dare, lol! BTW, how did I get a GFM?

I got mine when I bought some books (Chicken Health for Dummies and Building Chicken Coops for Dummies). Did you buy any books?

I got mine when I bought some books (Chicken Health for Dummies and Building Chicken Coops for Dummies). Did you buy any books?
Last book we bought was Veterinary Clinical Parasitology, and I don't think that came from BYC.

Last edited:
Last book we bought was Veterinary Clinical Parasitology, and I don't think that came from BYC.

I have Veterinary Clinical Parasitology 5th edition by Margaret W. Sloss and Russell L. Kemp! We must have similar taste in books!
gig.gif

The only other thing I could think of is maybe a gift from someone you helped? That would be hard to pinpoint since there are a lot of them...

casportpony, you do realize that if you don't make yourself a custom title to go with your GFM, we might have to bribe the admin and fix you up with one of our choosing!  I think kuntrygirl and I could come up with something really good!  :lau

Don't you dare, lol! BTW, how did I get a GFM?

:yuckyuck

:lau

CONGRATS ON THE GFM !!! When did you get that? If you're anything like me and too cheap to buy one, someone may have gifted you a GFM, A VERY special person on BYC gifted me ;) and contacted me to let me know. BYC has some of THE nicest and most generous people on earth. I'm so happy for my GFM Gift. If you didn't buy it, then you probably need to do what you do best (reasearch) and find out who gifted you your GFM. :gig

Way to go casportpony. Thanks Frosty for pointing that out to her. :p

I have Veterinary Clinical Parasitology 5th edition by Margaret W. Sloss and Russell L. Kemp! We must have similar taste in books!
gig.gif

The only other thing I could think of is maybe a gift from someone you helped? That would be hard to pinpoint since there are a lot of them...
Great minds think alike, lol. What other geeky poultry books do you have? And thanks for the kind words!

Last edited:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

CONGRATS ON THE GFM !!! When did you get that? If you're anything like me and too cheap to buy one, someone may have gifted you a GFM, A VERY special person on BYC gifted me
wink.png
and contacted me to let me know. BYC has some of THE nicest and most generous people on earth. I'm so happy for my GFM Gift. If you didn't buy it, then you probably need to do what you do best (reasearch) and find out who gifted you your GFM.
gig.gif

Way to go casportpony. Thanks Frosty for pointing that out to her.
tongue.png
Thanks... I noticed it about a week ago, thought maybe my Mike got it for me, but he said no. And you're right, we are way too cheap to spend money on something like that, lol. Thanks for the support and kind words!

Roadtrip seems to be practicing for later this spring.Cracked 2 of the pea eggs in the skiller tonight and both didn't have any signs of a bullseye in them.

Edited to add I cooked a chicken egg right before frying these two whoppers up.It was a Grade A Large sized egg and was at most 2/3 the size of a pea egg.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom