1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

For Those of You Waiting for that first egg....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jhhess, Dec 1, 2015.

1. jhhess

jhhess Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2015
    Patterson, California
    I finally got one today. This is from a Lavender Orpington who is 11 months old. Be patient! It's so worth it!

[​IMG]

2. Peeps61

Peeps61 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2014
    NW Florida
    What a pretty egg! I have a batch from McMurray's that are starting to lay. My three white leghorns are all laying and some of the brown and pinkish egg layers. Still waiting for my new EE to start!

3. mrsgordon

mrsgordon New Egg

Oct 21, 2015
    San Diego
    What a beautifully shaped egg!! So FUN!!

4. amanning0924

amanning0924 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2015
    East Tennessee
    Wow!! I thought waiting 28 weeks was hard. 11 Months!!! You have the patience of a saint!!! Orpingtons lay the prettiest eggs!

5. Justso

Justso Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2015
    Chicagoland DuPage Co
    I'm at 29 weeks and waiting, waiting, waiting. I just dewormed, so I'm OK with waiting 10 more days.

6. Jujubara

Jujubara Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2015
    Western Mass
    I'm waiting for two Cochins at 31&29 weeks and one Brahma at 31 weeks. One cochin is getting close, probably another week or two. The waiting is so hard sometimes.

7. Nkelly

Nkelly Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2015
    My hens just started laying within the last few weeks and I found this this morning. Looks like one is still working out the kinks. [​IMG]

8. BBQJOE

BBQJOE Chillin' With My Peeps

I tell you what. I'm getting a bit impatient. I might just throw the first egg at a chicken.

9. Nkelly

Nkelly Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2015
    I had to add a strand of rope lights in my coop to get them to lay. It is set on a timer. I live on the side of a mnt and the sun sets pretty early.

10. Jujubara

Jujubara Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2015
    Western Mass

Lol!!! Don't worry, it will happen eventually and that first egg will be so much more exciting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by