For Those of You Waiting for that first egg....

My hens just started laying within the last few weeks and I found this this morning. Looks like one is still working out the kinks.

Cute. Did you eat it yet?

These are my ladies. This pic is probably from a month ago. I hope they understand that now that I've seen an egg in the nest, I expect to see them regularly.
smile.png

How can you tell you're getting close?!?

Her wattles and comb are getting bigger and red. Our roo is also taking an interest and she squats for him. He was also seen showing how to make nests in the boxes today. He always does this when a new girl is getting ready to lay.

Last edited:
I finally got one today. This is from a Lavender Orpington who is 11 months old. Be patient! It's so worth it!

Very pretty egg! But I must say you just crushed me lol! I have 3 Orpingtons. 5 and 6 months old, I thought I was getting close.....No such luck huh?? Luckily I have a flock laying already and they are in my younger flock. I won't mind the wait. I love them. They are such pretty chickens. Congrats on your egg!

My hens just started laying within the last few weeks and I found this this morning. Looks like one is still working out the kinks.

When my oldest flock first started laying one of my leghorns laid an egg about the size of a dime. It sure was cute, and perfectly round! Congrats on the new egg layers!

Back
Top Bottom