For those of you who remember about my Duck

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
This spring, I hatched some chicken eggs in an incubator for the first time and was puzzled about a few eggs that just were not developing. At day 24 they were alive and moving but not hatched. Someone suggested they were duck eggs, and sure enough they were. One of the three hatched, and I named him (actually her, I think) Duck.

Everyone on here told me I needed to get Duck another Duck, but my husband was dead set against it. Three months went by, and he would not relent. Then he decided he needed a motorcycle, then another one. When he told me he was buying a third one, I was ticked.... then I thought of my second duck. I told him I wouldnt argue with him about the 3rd bike if I could get a duck. He agreed.

So the first week of September I went to the swap meet and bought another mutt duck that looked very similar to mine. I dont have any idea what breeds either of them are though!

At first they didnt know what to make of each other. I am convinced Duck thought he was a chicken and didnt know what that weird looking new critter even was! But after a week I noticed them staring at each other, and then walking near to each other. Now they are inseperable. Find one duck in the pen of chickens, and you'll find the other.

I know someone told me that ducks wont do well in a chicken pen, but they seem to do fine in there. They have a small kids wadiing pool they play and splash in all the time. They all seem to get along fine.

Anyways, just wanted to let anyone who might have remembered about my duck dilemma know that Duck (now Mrs. Duck) now has her a Mr. Duck for company.

Oh that's cute! I'm glad your Duck got another duck!
smile.png

Now post some pictures!
wink.png

I would have gotten the duck after the first motorcycle.

that's a lie, I would not have asked.
lol.png

I am glad you got Duck a duck.

We need pics.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom