For those on lockdown

We just got another chick hatched so far 2 chicks and 5 pip's. Good luck I hope everyone does good.
Chad

Candled all the eggs tonight before lockdown. 9 out of 9 look good. Never had a hatch before but am excited. We got the eggs because my son who is 8 and 3/4
smile.png
wanted to know where chickens come from. He is so thrilled just to see the eggs each day. I think I even saw one egg move today but that was probably wishful thinking. Here's hoping one chick hatches. We will see!!! Now in Lockdown! Dun Dun Dah!!!!!
big_smile.png

lockdown is tomorrow for me! As of yesterday I had 4 definites and 1 probably not.... started with 24. Hoping for some chicks by monday!

Quote:
I have not ever had 13 eggs into lockdown when shipped, how far were they shipped from???? and if you don't mind who did you buy them from. I have had 3dz shipped and have only 2 chicks to show for it!!! Will keep an eye on this post!
Ayda
And great work:thumbsup

It was an auction off eBay. I live in Ohio and they were shipped from Missouri. I was really worried too because they took 3 days to get here and the temps were in the 90's. Their eBay name is skaffhouse. Hoping the hatch goes well!

Quote:
Lockdown = the final three days before hatching day. Your barred rock will take care of it.
If you were using the incubator: you would stop turning the eggs or remove the automatic turner,
fill the water rings, and close the lid until after the first chick needs to be removed.
The humidity increases during this time to ensure that the shells don't dry out.

Quote:
Sorry to hear you are having this problem. If your temp is low incubation time is longer. Otherwise the batch may be done. I have never hatched (chickens) past 24 days but it is possible.

Good luck, Bugg

Back
Top Bottom