For those wanting to be more self sufficient...

I use this to wash my floors, they are laminate wood floors... I use this because I have a parrot and all the harsh chemicals that are in most flooring cleaners, well almost all cleaners are harmful/toxic to him.

In a 24 oz. spray bottle mix
1/4 cup White Vinager
1/3 cup Vodka ( do not use DH's good vodka or you will get into trouble
big_smile.png
)
1/8 tsp. dish soap
Fill the rest of the bottle up with
Distilled Water

Spray floor and wipe clean. The Vodka speeds up the drying process.

just thought of something else. I buy my flour in bulk bags. The bags are made from pretty flower and plaid fabric, so i wash them and cut them into quilt squares. I am making all the girls quilts for there beds.

I buy my flour and a local grocery store called Southwest market.

Quote:
I was hopeing to see the Vodka makes it so you dont care how the floor looks, kinda like ddrinking girls purty, but drinking the floor clean.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
That's cool! I buy mine at BJ's (it's like Sam's Club, big discount supperstore thingy). I get 20 pounds at a time. Hey I'm southern, I make a lot of biscuits. I don't get fabric bags though.
sad.png

That's cool! I buy mine at BJ's (it's like Sam's Club, big discount supperstore thingy). I get 20 pounds at a time. Hey I'm southern, I make a lot of biscuits. I don't get fabric bags though

LOL Dh is Hispanic we make lots of tortillas LOL​

Quote:
LOL Dh is Hispanic we make lots of tortillas LOL

I made quesidellas (I know that's spelled wrong) tonight.
big_smile.png
Store bought tortillas though. How do you make tortillas? Is it just like biscuits but flat?

Quote:
Cousin had the permits and everything in early '80s and stopped making his own because it was costing 1.50 to make each gallon(gas was 80 cents)

I thought he had to use copper lines so it wasnt drinkable or something, its been too long to remember

I don't have a recipe. I just measure buy handfuls.

I put about 5 handfuls of flour and probably 3 tsp. salt in a bowl. Add about a 1/2 cup of fat (crisco etc,) and cut in like you do for pie crust or biscuits. When its about pea size add warm water a little at a time until you have a good dough. Not too sticky. Knead it until it is smooth and elastic and the separate into golf ball sized balls. Heat up a flat skillet. I use cast iron. It has to be flat though and really hot. Really hot. Flatten the balls one at a time making them really thin and put them on the skillet. when they start to bubble on one side flip it over and cook the other side. Repeat until all the balls are done.. this takes a lot of practice to get it right. I still role weird shaped tortillas all the time they are getting more round though LOL As long as they taste good.

Back
Top Bottom