For Those Who Ask About Zane...Here's My Boy Today (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Had to cut his spurs because they were getting in his way. He doesn't need them because they'd do him no good anyway, crippled as he is. He was loving the new grass that we recently planted. You can see how he uses his wings as crutches. It was a year ago this month when he was first injured.
DCP_2535.jpg

DCP_2534.jpg

Awww, I just love hearing about Zane! He is such a miracle boy!
smile.png
You are so good to have worked so hard over months and months to save him. A lesser person might have given up.
hugs.gif

Zane is an angel. I hate that his poor wing feathers are so beat up from using them to get around and from beating them against the cage walls, but he does very well. I make sure he gets things he especially likes a couple of times a week, like a chopped up tomato. You can see that his color is good and he still enjoys his life more than you would imagine. He visited with Gypsy today, too.

It was so funny today when a BYCer came to pick up two SLW hens she bought from me. She came up the steps to the house, and said, "I have to ask-why is there a chicken in a playpen?'". Zane was soaking up the rays up on the deck today.

That is one determined bird who was very lucky to have an equally determined human to help him. Too many would have wrung his poor neck at the first sign of infirmity. These pictures just illustrate why I think so highly of you.

Wow, has it been a year already? Thanks for the update. So glad to see he is still so determined. You've done a wonderful job with him.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom