for those who have ordered from Cackle...

I don't think I'll ever order from Cackel again! I ordered them online almost a month ago. I haven't heard anything yet, and when I try to call, it says their line is busy.

Quote:
When you order on line it takes a really long time. (see my post a couple pages back). When you call, you should call really early in the morning. Remember they are on central time. Also, redial immediately. It has taken me up to 10 minutes to get through. They are VERY VERY busy. It takes a little patience, but you'll get through. Your order maybe being held up if you order a particular breed and they don't have it. You really should try to call and find out. They send out 700-800 orders every monday and wednesday. That's A LOT of birds!

cochinbantam-lover...
I have 2 black cochins from them I like them well featherd feet and nice body also...

Quote:
Aren't they just wonderful chickens!!! I
love.gif
them!

I ordered from Cackle online and it took them a few days for my shipping date, and they sent them when I wanted and promptly sent my confirmation. I got 15 silkies and they threw in a few extra. All came alive and thriving. Over two weeks I lost only two; however, I'm pleased with how the chicks are turning out. They are very friendly and some are turning out quite nice.

I think this happens with all hatcheries, there will be some slip ups... but overall Cackle is great. I hear a lot of good things and that their stock in particular are nice chickens. I also hear good things about Ideal as well. Cackle IS a little more on the pricey side I later found, but worth it imo.
big_smile.png
Who doesn't love getting a box full of baby peeping fuzzy nuggets?

Well, I still hadn't heard anything (day17 since I ordered) so I called this morning. Turns out the Welsummers I ordered are not available and my order was sitting in a queue somewhere so that someone could call me about substitutions. It took the rep forever to find the order but she was very nice. I switched them out for Buff Orps instead and they'll be shipping July 15 -- later than I wanted them but I'll take what I can get. Now I'm going to see if I can hatch my own Wellies instead.
tongue.png

I should have called sooner!

chickpeaz, glad you got that sorted out! I learned my lesson about calling earlier too. I just never imagined they would be so busy!!

I've had better luck with them through e-mail. My order was also late with no explination. Our birds were healthy and we didn't lose a one but poor customer service with them so I'll probably not order from them again. Never say never right? I was pretty sad that the birds couldn't be fair birds even though we were due to get them in April and then came at the beginning of June.

Judging by how busy the hatchery's have been this year, I'm guessing they couldn't possibly have expected their business to boom like it did. Having worked in a similar office job, I'm betting they need the benefit of the doubt this year. They are surely struggling to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom