For those who's spouses don't play along....

Huny

Songster
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Sunny Southern Arizona
My hubby was NOT happy when I bought 8 little birds down at the feed store yesterday (I have 50 or so in the incubator, but couldn't wait). But, I told him it's just a few, so no worries. I put them in the box and light and left them alone. He has no real interest so left them alone. When he was gone to work today I went down and got 8 more and put them in the same box. He NEVER even noticed! LOL He came in, looked at them and said, How are these guys doing? Looked at them and left. Bwhahaha! Now I have 16. I almost want to go get 4 more and see when he starts noticing. LOL!

Ok, really it's not nice to hide things from your spouse. You should be a team. But sometimes it's too fun!

lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Haha I do the same thing! I had a broody sitting on 6 eggs, only 4 hatched and I had to get rid of 2. So I bought 7 from Ideal and then 3 more from a guy on craigslist. He didnt even notice all my little 'extras'. But he doesnt really ask about them. Just kinda looks at them and walks on. But he sure loves the eggs I get from my older ones!

I'm with you all the way. Are you a handy person? I was able to build my coop and run, but my wife was a little put out about my total preoccupation with them until all was built. It's quite a project even though it is very rewarding. You may need DH's help with that many birds, but he'll come around. Most of us guys are more in need of an agreeable companion and that really leaves you as the boss.

I'm
lau.gif
. . . but my hubby is not
hmm.png
probly cus that is somthing I'd do
gig.gif
. . . now hes making me type this
"Y dont you tell them we live in a one bedroom condo and that you have 2 incubators and 3 brooders" (hubby)

So whats wronge with that
hu.gif
They move out to my friends cabin @ 4 weeks old, or B4
jumpy.gif

I have about a 100 eggs due to hatch over the next 2 weeks and I just bought 25 speckled sussex chicks due to be here in the next week or 2, luckly Ill be adding chicks to the brooder as they hatch so I can slip these guys in
hide.gif
. Hey he said " No more Eggs" nothing about ordering chicks
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom