for those with kids, when did you realize they weren't babies anymore?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by banditgin, Aug 21, 2007.

1. banditgin

banditgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2007
    Boonsboro, MD
    I don't really remember with my oldest but for my two youngest ones (I have 3 kids) it was when I realized I bought them their own burger at McD's.

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    This weekend when my 14 year old son had to shave for the first time for school. They were on him last year about needing to shave. He goes to a christian school and they have a dress code check every morning. I refused to let him last year and really didn't think it was necessary this year. But they will give him a detention if he didn't so now he is all grown up!

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I knew mine weren't babies any more when we watched the movie "Tuck Everlasting" and then had a long discussion about why living forever could be a bad thing, and the consequences of choices. It was so cool. Our first philosophical discussion and they were so smart and firm in their beliefs!

4. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I think my mom still thinks I'm a baby!
    I was visiting her last week and frying up something. She warned me to be careful, because the pan was hot! [​IMG] I'm 40!

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I can't ever imagine not babying my little girl. Of course she is only 2. [​IMG]

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    2 years ago when my son started high school.
    The same high school that DW & I both graduated from! At his orientation we walked the halls and I pointed out that they had moved a wall here, put in a door there....(If that don't make you feel old, nothing will) [​IMG]
    Now he's 16, a junior, has his own car and has been dating the same girl for 11 months now.

For my Daughter it was the day I was told she needed a training bra.

7. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    ...when my son finally realized that taking a bath was a good thing(from the ladies' point of view)...now we can't get him out of the shower!
    ...my daughter was born old.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  8. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    okay, well.... umm... I still think of all of mine as babies [​IMG] they are 18, 14, 14, 12, 7.... the only one I kindof still treat as my baby is my 7 year old since she is my youngest and last one. The others are much bigger than I am... so I cant treat or think of them as my babies LOL

by the way, no the 14 yr olds are not twins.

Tes

9. TundraChick

TundraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    West Viriginia
    I just bought my 9 yr old her first bra!

10. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] i still get treated like the baby too! i am 37 and the youngest of four!

with my first it was probably when she went to school for the first time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by