for those with kids, when did you realize they weren't babies anymore?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by banditgin, Aug 21, 2007.

1. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Songster

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    With my oldest daughter it was the first bra and the makeup:( She is almost 12.
    My son who is almost 9, well, he's still a baby to me in a way, my other son who is 6 will always be my baby because of his disease, my daughter who is 4 acts like her older sister and is very independant, and lastly, my youngest son who is 16 months old, he's still got a long way to go.[​IMG]
    I guess when my daugther's have their first boyfriends and my hubby is standing at the front door with a shotgun screening the boyfriends, that will be when they are no longer babies, and when my son's get their driver's liscense they will be on their way to being all grown up![​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Songster

Quote:WHOA,gee.I didnt get mine until .well .like 8th grade ! how old was I?

3. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    WHOA,gee.I didnt get mine until .well .like 8th grade ! how old was I?

You would've been 13or 14. Let's see... I got my first bra when I was in 4th grade. By 5th grade they were calling me Boom-Boom, Dolly Pardon etc. I just now remembered that. It wasn't easy being the first in the class to um.....blossom. And those names stuck to me through out my high school days. [​IMG]

4. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    Stii babies at 4 and 8 and probobly always will be!!! ErinM

5. Royicus

Royicus Songster

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    My mom treats all of her kids as babies.

The ages?

25 - med school student

23 - Army officer

22- electrical engineer

You know, next time I go up and visit my parents, I'll whip out my credit card and pay the bill. I wonder if they'll see me as grown up by then [​IMG]

Though I'm not saying the baby treatment isn't nice sometimes [​IMG] Though since I live on my own now, when I'm sick, nobody is there to pamper me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: