Forced Air/Still Air Questions on Incubators

cluckychick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
South of KCMO
Incubators are confusing:rolleyes:

What in your opinion is the best for you and why?

How do go about hatching eggs if your away from home for work or events??

I'm a longs way off from even thinking about hatching any but I find it interesting to read the responses. I figure next year if all goes well this year with the day olds I purchases. This maybe already posted somewhere and if so could someone direct me to it.

Thank You
smile.png

Any of the new Hova Bators models are good and people are having great hatches with them... They don't cost and arm and a leg if you just hatch once in awhile... (course I'm using my incubators non-stop!)...I got a Hova for Christmas ... and got the turner with it...I had to be away from home for over a week and I did not have to worry with hand turning the eggs... temps and humidity were perfect..I did have someone checking each day to make sure it was running well....

Try the search button at the top in blue here and type in incubators lots of posts should show up to read....

Quote:
Forced air incubators are superior to still air in every respect except price.

They are easier to set up, easier to maintain temperature, and much easier for control of humidity. They also make better hatchers, as chick dry faster.

Beginners often start with still air, when the reality is that even experts can struggle with them.

Hope this helps.

I am fairly new at this incubating stuff and I agree with the comments about forced air- I just bought a LG still air and it is hard to get the temp and humidity stable- I am hoping to only use it for a few days while my chick eggs hatch in the hova forced air. I have my goose eggs in the still air via advise on here- I wished i'd just gotten the forced air for both but didnt have extra money- will add it as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom