Forced to move in town, not allowed to keep chickens...what to do

5Merrimans

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 28, 2014
I am in a unique scenario. I currently live in the township and due to my husbands job we have to move into the city limits which does not allow chicken keeping in town. We have 6 golden comets and love them dearly.Our kids love the hens as much as I do and took them to the fair last year.
See, my husband is the city manager but did not think to inform me that we would not be able to have our hens with us when we move. He doesn't seem to have the time to help me with this so I am taking it into my own hands to address the city council. I am starting with a letter. I am asking for any pointers to get me started. I have looked at cities around us and their ordinances regarding chicken keeping. I know the benefits of my hens. Anyone have any other ideas for me? thank you for your time.

I have never done this so i don't know, but i am interested in what other people say. :)

You could always keep them as house pets, lol :) Most cities don't regulate house pets. :)

I guess you should bring up some strong arguments on how your chickens will not get in anyone's way like debunking smell issues and such. Maybe show them a list of ordinances from neighboring towns that are similar that allow chickens. I hope you get to keep those chickens :p

Back
Top Bottom