1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Forgot they were duck eggs.!!!!!!! help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dogginfox, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Dogginfox

Dogginfox Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 3 smallish Duck eggs that i forgot about even though i put a D on the top of them, when i switched my eggs over from the bator to the hatcher i put them in with the chicken eggs!!!! i just realized my mistake and put them back in the bator with the auto turner. i candled them and saw some movement in one and the other 2 were almost toatlly black. Do you think they will still hatch? they have been in a pretty humid environment for the past 3 days and kicked around by a bunch of hatching chicks! today should be day 22 for them. should i keep the humidity down around 30% for now? I feel like such an idiot.

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    ducks need alot more humidy .i would just wait and see there is a good chance they will hatch

3. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Extra humidity is probably more of a plus than a minus. They lose moisture much faster than a chicken egg. The rolling shouldn't do them any harm at all.

Best to incubate duck eggs at 60% humidity.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by