Forgot to turn eggs in incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Delicatessy, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Delicatessy

Delicatessy New Egg

Oct 18, 2014
    Hey,
    I have a GQF Sportsman 1502 incubator. I am currently incubating 2 dozen duck eggs inside. About a day ago I had to fill up the water dish inside (water in 5 gallon bucket not flowing for some reason) and candled the eggs. After I tossed out the clears, I shut the door and forgot about it until next time to fill the tub. I forgot to reset it from manual turner to automatic turner. Will not turning the eggs for a day mid incubation affect hatching?

2. Aphrael

Aphrael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    It was only one day they didn't get turned? If so then they should be fine. Just go back to turning them normally. Good luck on the hatch![​IMG]

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hopefully it won't affect your eggs as you were over the first critical part of incubation. I would just check the next time you candle that they are developing ok and are on target. I have forgot to turn my turner back on again after candling but it was only for half a day and they were fine and had a good hatch. I would try not worry it's not as though it has been for days and days that they havnt been turned. Good luck with your eggs :frow

4. Delicatessy

Delicatessy New Egg

Oct 18, 2014
    Thanks. This is my first time with shipped eggs and second time incubating anything so still pretty new to the whole thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by