Former vet tech but stunned

Welcome To BYC!

Can you post some photos of your housing (Chickens too:))?
How much ventilation do you have?

You mention you have a Croupy rooster - is he having respiratory symptoms....sneezing, coughing, rales? Any mucous from the nostrils? Watery/bubbly or pus in the eyes?
Inside of beak is clear? (no canker, yellow or white pasty material)

Is his crop emptying by morning?

I would use a poultry spray or dust for the treatment of mites. Clean out all bedding and treat your housing including nesting boxes and roosting bars. Re-peat in 7-10 day intervals.

Lastly, where are you located?
In Midwest. Birds are dry and kind of wheezy.

I know a source for small doses of elector psp, 1 gallon dose lasts my 50 birds over a year) which has knocked out mites here- straw and hay harbours molds and mites, so avoid it. DE is found to cause respiratory issues with long term use and birds, so don't use it either.

https://www.springwateravian.farm/product/electorpsp/
Right, but how much ventilation does your coop have?
Are all the birds wheezy or just the rooster?

Going to have husband cut me another roof vent. I changed bedding..about half the birds seems dry sneezy or irritated. They eat layer crumbles scratch and table food like diced cherry tomatoes scrambled eggs and free range.. I have video of swallowed shrew..

Going to have husband cut me another roof vent. I changed bedding..about half the birds seems dry sneezy or irritated. They eat layer crumbles scratch and table food like diced cherry tomatoes scrambled eggs and free range.. I have video of swallowed shrew..

Back
Top Bottom