Formex snap lock coop?

CautiousVenturer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 30, 2011
Does anyone know anything about these? Looks really small, but might be ok for two birds? http://snaplockchickencoops.com/

There's no price listed, but if it's about the same price as the wood prefabs it at least looks durable? I can't seem to find any other info online (and only 100 "likes" on facebook!)

I can't seem to find any windows in any of the photos? The only natural light the coop seems to have is through the ventilation above the roosts? I think your birds would enjoy some sunshine for optimal laying.

Oh, I've seen these before! You know, you can build a platform to put it on and raise it up. Then you'd have shade and extra run space under the coop. Someone here had this one and they did that, and then just kept the door open for light. It will still be light weight and I'd use tie down to keep it down on the ground or drilled onto the platform. It is small-- but no smaller than a lot of dog houses people use for their chickens. You said you only wanted 3 hens, right? It would suit that. But not a heck of a lot more.

BTW-- dont' use FB "likes" as a true guide. That just means they asked all their friends to "like" it. You should stick with actual customer reviews.

Back
Top Bottom