Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Spring Show(Winston-Salem, NC) - March 31, 2012

we aren't set up for hatching/brooding these days --- only have a small flock of 8 pet hens ---- thanks for replying about the eggs, tho ---
perhaps you will have a pullet for sale over the summer --- :)

exhibitors get their early in the morning to set up their entries in the Poultry Building ---

people with things for sale are outside the building --- usually bunnies there as well as birds, cages, etc.

advice: take cash and carriers/cartons as you will surely see something you can't resist!

the Fall Show seemed to have more bantams but the 'large fowl' were HUGE and impressive --- so many beautiful birds!

it is fun for me to see the exhibitors grooming the birds ---

weather is supposed to 'hold' til late afternoon --- all is good!

How long is everything supposed to last? Of course, this has to be my husband's day to work, but he gets off around 12:30. Hoping it lasts long enough for him to take me. Btw, does it cost anything to get in? This would be my first poultry show, so I am a newb about this kind of thing.

Last edited:
no charge to get int ---
not sure how long it lasts as we only go in the morning but it is my understanding that the exhibition chickens must stay in their pens and in the Poultry Building until afternoon ---

raining here -- ugh --- not a heavy rain but the sky looks as if it could be one of those 'drizzle-all-day' rains ---

What a great day at the show today!! Started out rainy but cleared up nicely got very sunny and HOT!!
ep.gif

800++ birds total and over 100 Large Fowl. Here are our results for the day;

Best of Breed/Best Variety & Reserve Champion English

Reserve of Breed/Reserve Variety

Best of Breed - Bantam Orp

Reserve of Breed - Bantam Orp

Junior Results - Best Variety, over another black pullet

Last edited:
What absolutely FABULOUS birds!

We enjoyed the show today -- in spite of not getting there until 9:30 --- did manage to buy a Light Brahma Bantam pullet -- :)

Back
Top Bottom