Fossil Rock Farm contact?

Justso

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 30, 2015
Chicagoland DuPage Co
My Coop
My Coop
Does anyone have contact info for Fossil Rock farm? I am not on FB :old I'd like to inquire about their Barnevelders; I wonder how dark their eggs are. Starting to set up for next year! Also, feel free to dump a suggestion here for a breeder, I'm looking for good dark eggs.

Does anyone have contact info for Fossil Rock farm? I am not on FB :old I'd like to inquire about their Barnevelders; I wonder how dark their eggs are. Starting to set up for next year! Also, feel free to dump a suggestion here for a breeder, I'm looking for good dark

The barnevelders eggs are brown, but if you like a dark egg you should opt for another breed. The darker the barnevelders egg the less quality the breed is. Saying that, if you want good quality barnevelders you will have to settle with brown eggs and not chocolate eggs
20180308_132615.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate the picture. They are pretty cool looking birds, but yes I am looking for a dark brown to add to the basket. :(
You may want to add some Marans then.

My neighbors have a bcm breeding effort going but I'm not too impressed with their birds. I may look for a marans other than BC or consider welsummer or pedanesca. Feel free to chime in with opinions :)

Back
Top Bottom