Foster Chicken

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by drinkguiness, Dec 22, 2011.

1. drinkguiness

drinkguiness Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    Our neighbor across the alley had two chickens, but one was eaten by a fox. With only one left, that chicken decided to join my flock, so we now have a foster chicken, so to speak. She looks pretty interesting, but I've been unable to find out what breed she is. Do any of you have any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    some sort of creasted mix looks like she might have some silkie or polish in her

3. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Quote:X2

4. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Can you post a pic of her legs or describe them for us? Looks like a polish mix, do you know what color egg she lays?

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I agree on either Polish or Silkie mix.
    Does she have feathered legs? 5 toes? From the color of her skin I'd lean a bit more toward Silkie mix.

6. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

from what I can make out looks like the legs are dark olive - and no feathers in the lower part of the leg or outer toe. Shes a crested breed, probably silkie, polish, or sultan - something that is crested and bearded X probably an EE - that super full beard is most likely the result of 2 bearded breeds. I'm pretty certain on the EE being half of her, the beard, just the over all look, and her size. shes a pretty large bird if thats a standard RIR or Production Red beside her.

her pattern is considered partridge (wild type)

Though if theres 5 toes on 1 or both feet - silkie cross. [​IMG] She is beautiful! I have a similar looking bantam chicken who is a silkie X OEGB

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  7. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I vote Polish/Silkie mix. This is one of my boys about 5 months old.
    [​IMG]

8. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Silkie X OEGB

[​IMG]

Same hen with a sultan hen

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by