Fostering question

July 26, and July 27, for now I plan on supplemental feeding the two smallest after week 1, and weaning as quick as possible. Not the greatest plan in the world, but the male that I lost throws some good babies, and I want all that I can out of him. It sucks to loose birds.
So were you lucky enough to get some hatchlings from your lost Cockbird? :)

So were you lucky enough to get some hatchlings from your lost Cockbird? :)
I was able to get one healthy chick out of the eggs. The other egg unfortunately got a crack in it during incubation. The new little ones are very healthy, and so far with a little extra feed the parents are keeping up with them. I've been monitoring them closely, and I did get in some of the roudybush squab formula just in case.

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_170806000.jpg
    IMG_20210802_170806000.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 7
I was able to get one healthy chick out of the eggs. The other egg unfortunately got a crack in it during incubation. The new little ones are very healthy, and so far with a little extra feed the parents are keeping up with them. I've been monitoring them closely, and I did get in some of the roudybush squab formula just in case.
Sweet..! They look great.

I started my feeding today of the smallest squab. Your bottle system worked out fantastic @biophiliac. I used a small apple juice bottle, and a finger from a rubber glove. It was alot less messy than my last method.

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_082018452.jpg
    IMG_20210806_082018452.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom