Found 4 Peafowl...what to do? With pics

Dec 2, 2020
A neighbor about 2 miles down the hill has peafowl. Lovely to see them each day.

I found 4 of them on the farm today. I assume they belong to the neighbor.

I texted a relative of the neighbor. In the mean time, I am concerned they will go into the wilderness. Never to be seen again.

They allow me to get about 4 feet from them. I cannot capture and cage to transport. Will they return to their home? 2 miles is a long way.

What should I do?

Attachments

• BC35E967-060A-43D8-B1B1-B4E16959DB7A.jpeg
    BC35E967-060A-43D8-B1B1-B4E16959DB7A.jpeg
    923.1 KB · Views: 21
  • B88C9833-C03F-4529-95C4-2F8A91CB935F.jpeg
    B88C9833-C03F-4529-95C4-2F8A91CB935F.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
They will range far, and only by getting them into a confined space can they be caught.
Let the neighbor know, and see if these birds do belong there.
If you have an Animal Control, try them tomorrow. It's likely that AC will want them already confined, by you, before coming out.
Mary

They might not have left home if things were peaceful there. Flock growing pains.
Or it could be like yesterday for me, the guy I have that comes to clean pens and coops left the gate open and 15 high percentage Pieds and Whites walked out. Lucky for me my birds are pretty tame but one took quite a while to get back into the pen.
IMG_6053.JPG

Or it could be like yesterday for me, the guy I have that comes to clean pens and coops left the gate open and 15 high percentage Pieds and Whites walked out. Lucky for me my birds are pretty tame but one took quite a while to get back into the pen.View attachment 3146744
I bet he felt very bad! Our barn person has done this with horse stalls, but mine stand right outside the barn eating grass LOL Thank goodness they aren't hard to catch. If she did this with my ducks, the smaller East Indies Ducks and Australian Spotted would be gone for good.

We have several neighbors with Pea
A neighbor about 2 miles down the hill has peafowl. Lovely to see them each day.

I found 4 of them on the farm today. I assume they belong to the neighbor.

I texted a relative of the neighbor. In the mean time, I am concerned they will go into the wilderness. Never to be seen again.

They allow me to get about 4 feet from them. I cannot capture and cage to transport. Will they return to their home? 2 miles is a long way.

What should I do?
Near us, they let them wander and they seem to go pretty far. They go back home for food. I wouldn't worry about them. Just enjoy them while they are visiting.

Back
Top Bottom