found a bunch of eggs in the garden

vestal

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 28, 2013
Hi All
I was cleaning one of my garden beds and found 10 eggs there, don't know how long they have been there for, but I have noticed one of my chooks going in there.
I know they are from one of my new layers which started laying about 3 weeks ago from the size of the eggs.
my question is will they be ok to eat still, I did a water test and none float, they have been I a cool shady spot so the sun has not been on them.
So should I eat or throw out
Thanks

Personally I would rather spend $5 to buy a dozen eggs than eat them
tongue.png

But that's just me !

I have 9 chickens and am getting 8 eggs a day so I have plenty of eggs. Just don't like to be wastefull. Now I know it lays there I will look every day

They're probably fine. Break each one into a separate dish before adding to your recipe to be sure if you want.

Where are you located?
Good to put your location in your profile for those climate related questions.

I have 9 chickens and am getting 8 eggs a day so I have plenty of eggs. Just don't like to be wastefull. Now I know it lays there I will look every day

You know if you decide not to eat them you could make a big batch of scrambled eggs up for the girls. The chooks love scrambled eggs and its a good supplemental source of protein.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom