Found a chick

Day one with her bandage was pretty rough. She has these little outbursts and tries her hardest to get out of it so she’s all tangled up in it now. I have to go back to the vet tomorrow morning to get her re-bandaged. She’s so stressed out, I feel so bad. I just put her in her cage for the night and then I heard her have a little freak out. I went and checked on her and found her laying on her back, unable to get up. I tried to adjust the bandage as best I could but she‘s determined to get it off. I don’t know how we’re going to get through this week like this 😩

Day one with her bandage was pretty rough. She has these little outbursts and tries her hardest to get out of it so she’s all tangled up in it now. I have to go back to the vet tomorrow morning to get her re-bandaged. She’s so stressed out, I feel so bad. I just put her in her cage for the night and then I heard her have a little freak out. I went and checked on her and found her laying on her back, unable to get up. I tried to adjust the bandage as best I could but she‘s determined to get it off. I don’t know how we’re going to get through this week like this 😩
Hm...maybe get her a friend as soon as possible.
Poor thing.
Imagine what this must be like for her.

Hm...maybe get her a friend as soon as possible.
Poor thing.
Imagine what this must be like for her.
I brought her back to the vet this morning and they said she’s healing really well so they took off the bandage! She’s back to her normal self already. I’m so relieved, I could cry. This chick hasn’t left my side since I found her. I don’t have any children but I feel like this has to be close to having a newborn baby lol. Definitely getting her a little buddy once she’s healed up!

ACE3A825-2A6A-453A-B372-4BC85A9F9E92.jpeg

Home after getting her bandage off! She’s like a brand new chicken.

This is the craziest of intros to chickens! Enjoy the bond with that joyful little soul. You've earned it. Chickens know when they've been rescued.

If you can get her friends when you move to a house (because now that you know chickens, you know you need ALL THE CHICKENS—that’s chicken math), you’ll be amazed at how gratifying it is to see her function in a flock. Assuming she wants to; every chicken’s an individual, but she was probably raised with a flock so would have the socialization she needs to enjoy chicken company to its fullest.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Your compassion is uplifting to read about!

This is the craziest of intros to chickens! Enjoy the bond with that joyful little soul. You've earned it. Chickens know when they've been rescued.

If you can get her friends when you move to a house (because now that you know chickens, you know you need ALL THE CHICKENS—that’s chicken math), you’ll be amazed at how gratifying it is to see her function in a flock. Assuming she wants to; every chicken’s an individual, but she was probably raised with a flock so would have the socialization she needs to enjoy chicken company to its fullest.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Your compassion is uplifting to read about!
Thank you so much! I’m so glad this little chicken found her way into my yard ☺️ I definitely see more chickens in the near future! Right now she’s really only alone at night when I’m sleeping but I do feel bad about it. I know she would love a little buddy to cuddle with. I’m hoping I can find a house very soon! This situation definitely lit a little fire under my butt 😂

Thank you so much! I’m so glad this little chicken found her way into my yard ☺ I definitely see more chickens in the near future! Right now she’s really only alone at night when I’m sleeping but I do feel bad about it. I know she would love a little buddy to cuddle with. I’m hoping I can find a house very soon! This situation definitely lit a little fire under my butt 😂
Until you can get her a friend, take an old sock and fill it with uncooked rice, warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds, put that next to her at night. It’s very comforting and I do that even when my older hens have to be inside for the night and are in isolation.

I love this story! Bravo to you and welcome to the wonderful world of chickens!

Back
Top Bottom